Messages that come from website or app on the desktop device even when the website or app is not visited are called push notifications. The main motive of the push notification is to deliver the contents as fast as possible. You don’t need to keep the website open after you subscribe and when the computer is asleep, your notifications will be delivered when you turn it on. Developers, as well as the marketing professionals, can easily send these notifications any time they want. For mobile users, these notifications appear in the notification tray. Those who are using a desktop, these notifications appear next to task bar as these are supported by Firefox, Chrome and Safari across Windows, Mac OS and Ubuntu.
Why are they used?
To receive the push notifications the user doesn’t have to download any new app and they just have to opt for notifications such as:
- News, sports score on their lock screen
- New coupons, product updates & sales alerts
- Change in flight schedules, checking & connection information
- Traffic, weather & ski snow notifications
- Rates for web push is ten times better than email
- They cannot be blocked by spam filters and ad blockers
- To promote products and offers to increase sales
- Enhance user experience with prompt updates
- Swiftly communication
- Sharing on social media
What are Web Service Push Notifications?
There are various companies which offer different optimization tool and web push notifications are an example. PushMaze is such a web service which is self-hosted and lets the user track the notifications through FCM (Firebase Cloud Messaging) & that too for free, but for a limited period on Android phones and desktop browsers.
They are reasonably easy and fast to implement as PushMaze has necessary script writing done. The client can copy the script into the web page & it what all it takes is a few minutes.
The performance of the push messages can be tracked. Various targeting options are available to allow the subscribers to use the most relevant message. You can create, edit, update, schedule your messages without any hassle and save your time.
If you are a beginner, it would be great to take help from a professional, who can help you in developing a better communication and also help you in creating messages.
The rates differ from industry to industry and a higher engagement rates can be expected for websites which are visited on daily basis or with high-frequency users such as finance.
What are Mobile Website Push Notifications?
In order to get push notifications to a mobile device, such as iPhone, the mobile device must be registered to receive a push notification from an appropriate app. Through the native app, the registration is done. Be informed that registration can be done only through the app. Once it is registered, it sends the authorization token to the particular server that can be used along with the authorized certificate. This is used to provision the native client in sending the notification to his/ her mobile. You can create a native application that mainly represents a UI WebView to the user, showing your web application. As this functions similar to the native browser, you can use native controls to register for push notifications. Apple’s push notification document would be beneficial to review as it provides some pretty good information on how it functions for an iPhone.
Why Should you Choose PushMaze?
PushMaze is a mobile push notification service that is self-hosted and allows the user to send traceable push notifications via FCM. It is freely available for a limited period for Android users as well as for Desktop browsers. If you are planning to save money, here is the best service you can get for your growing business needs.
Push notification service cost for 10000 from Pushcrew is $105, Aimtell is $ 200 and PushMaze with FCM is $0.
- Scheduled notifications at a specific time
- Provides you with versatile JS and RESR AOIs and is a self-hosted software
- Segmented and targets the group of users and sends relevant messages
- Adds images in your notifications that increase engagement with the topic and its easy job with PushMaze.
- PushMaze has multiple user support
- Sends push notifications that expire after a set time
A self-hosted service where you can send unlimited notifications to desktop and Android browsers with HTTP and HTTPS support, RSS to Push, API access via JS & REST through unlimited users and fanatic customer support with just $129. You can unsubscribe with a single click anytime.
How can you increase your Business and Sales Using PushMaze?
Web push notifications are the latest trend to increase your business and sales. This trend is newly added in the strategies while entailing eCommerce marketing ideas and has proved to be an effective and productive way of improving the business sales. All this is mainly because of the simplicity of their usage.
Web push notification is an effective marketing strategy, though there are many means of improving the eCommerce sales. Mobile push notifications work only on the mobiles or tablets whereas web notifications work on all kinds of devices even if the website is not opened. These notifications are easier to implement in one’s website as they are convenient to compose and do not require to meet any design standards.
- Update The Subscribers About The Products In Store: Recent studies have shown than more than 40% people check their mails at least 2-3 times a day. Still, the possibility of them opening your business emails or subscription emails is very thin, as they won’t be on a shopping spree for 24-hour a day. If you want to send some important information to the customer, you need to use web push notifications, as they will instantly send your message and will help you in increasing your customer loyalty towards your website. This is because, you have given importance to the likes of the customer, which will allure the customer to make your website his first choice during his next purchase.
- Customized Messages for the Audience: If you have a business which offers a wide range of products, using push notifications is a must for you. These are based on the user preferences, to help you increase your sales as the messages are sent only after categorizing them based on the customer’s previous product search.
- Bring Back The Inactive Users: To bring back the inactive users of your business, you can initiate holiday sales, festive sales, clearance sales, etc especially targeting the inactive users. Push notifications will be sent to both inactive as well as active users, and these are a better channel to reach the infrequent visitors.
- Price Change Notifications: Pricing plays an important role in engaging your customers with your business. From customer’s point of view, they will always want to get notified if there is a price change in the products of their wish list. This service is useful in this case, as there is an immediate delivery of this price-change information to the user, making the users are more interested in buying the product. Studies claim that this activity has led to a considerable increase in the eCommerce sales.
- Cross-Selling And Up-Selling: Cross-selling is a process in which you suggest a different product to an existing customer and Up-selling is that process where you make the customer agree to pay more than what he has decided to pay for a particular product or even make the customer purchase additional products. Web push notifications can be used to implement these strategies effectively. Personalized messages can also be sent to all the customers through Web Push notifications to notify them about this.
You need an Apache server, running on a UNIX OS or similar (like Linux) having MySQL and PHP support.
PHP version equal to or greater than version 5.5.9
PDO PHP Extension
OpenSSL PHP Extension
Tokenizer PHP Extension
Mbstring PHP Extension
Email marketing is the most widely used form of digital marketing till now and this channel has been used for many years and it has proved to be one of the most efficient ways of reaching out to the customer email marketing is being used on a wide scale by most of the businesses and now it has reached to a figure of approximately 2 billion emails being sent per day. The most disappointing fact is that more than half of these emails end up in the spam folder, reducing the efficiency of email marketing over time, thereby paving way for new channels of marketing.
Web Push notifications are one such channel that has got strong roots in today’s world of digital marketing. Web Push notifications are new to the world of marketing and have marked their significance compared to the traditional method of email marketing.
If you have any doubts or concerns, feel free to drop a line or two in the comments section. I shall reply in a day or two. Subscribe to our newsletter to know more about web push notification and mobile website push notifications. Keep watching this space for insights on web service push notification. My best wishes are with you and your venture. Cheers!